Friday, 2 May 2008

Slow Down And Experience Life (By Robin Skeen)


Do you suppose you and I are the only people who are way too busy and always trying to do too much? Probably not. But it sure feels that way sometimes. You know the feeling when you're in the middle of something and your mind is already on the next thing? That doesn't leave any room to enjoy the present experience does it? If it has been a long time since you've really experienced life, then it is definitely time slow down before it whizzes on by.

Here are a few things that I have found to be helpful when I'm under the illusion that I am Wonder Woman. Well, I AM, but you know what I mean. I am constantly wondering what it is I have forgotten to do or what I shouldn't have done!

First, you have to ask yourself if you are getting into a rut. If you have forgotten to laugh, well it's no longer fun. I have to remind myself that I have to stop trying to control the things that I have no control over. The only person I can change is me. I have found that if I make a pact with myself to actually enjoy being with my friends, or whatever it is, my brain will stop making lists and worrying about the next project. The main thing is, stop being so serious. Turn off the cell phone once in awhile. Turn off the computer (not now, keep reading).

Secondly, for just this week give your entire attention to something you enjoy. It's okay to let your mind wander on its own and get clear of the clutter. For just a couple times a week, let the obligations take care of themselves and see if you like it. I find it revitalizing and feel better able to keep myself on track when I do this.

Another clue that you need to slow down is when the little things start to seem way more important than they really are. So the spouse didn't put the breakfast plate in the dishwasher. Viewed in proper context, this really is not a big deal. Stopping for a moment to remind yourself of this will be a much better start to your day. I know that's not an easy thing to do at times, but there are way worse things. Concentrate on what you appreciate about your spouse instead.

Something that really helps is to start each day with the goal of eliminating items on your list and vowing to create your own day. You are in charge. You are the manager of your life. No one else is in charge that you can fire for mismanaging things. Stay focused in the present and the rest WILL take care of itself.



Author's Bio

Robin lives in the lovely state of Ohio, USA. She is a freelance writer and her website contains her reflections on inspired personal growth - transforming body, mind and spirit so you can live your best life NOW! To find out more, visit today at www.robinskeen.com and check back on a regular basis for free reports and eBooks.

The above is extracted from http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/How%20To%20Slow%20Down%20And%20Experience%20Life.html


No comments: